About the job
CTFd LLC is looking for a Support Engineer who can: Provide engineering support for our Hosted CTFd customers as well as customers who we have a support contract with. Help maintain the various Python web applications that we use to run the Hosted CTFd platform at https://cloud.ctfd.io/.
This is a full time or part time based position depending on the time availability of the applicant.
You would be responsible for:
- Helping resolve issues and improving the quality of our own internal applications as well as the open source CTFd project.
- Developing custom solutions for the support needs that our customers raise to us.
- Joining our standup or providing a written standup should our time zones not align
Most of the time our applications are written with Flask or FastAPI.
You will be working with the original author of these projects who will provide code review and general guidance. Certain tickets may take priority over others but in general you should be expected to work autonomously. Your overall aim will be to leave the codebase in a better state than it was before.
Hypothetical examples of tasks that you might take on:
- Adding the ability for our internal billing system to email receipts to multiple email addresses
- Adding a recurring job in our internal billing system to send renewal emails for expiring licenses
- Developing a CTFd plugin that restricts users to only be able to participate for 30 minutes
- Creating or modifying a CTFd theme to change its colors or functionality
- Knowledge of HTML, HTTP, and building websites in any web framework
- Strong writing skills with the ability to be customer/user facing
- Able to commit at least 24 hours in a week to working on our tasks
- Familiarity with the Flask web framework
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Alpine JS
- Familiarity with FastAPI
- Fully remote team
- Matching 100% of contributions on the first 3% deferred, then 50% of contributions from 3% to 5%
- Medical Insurance
- Unlimited PTO