Last updated November 12, 2021
1. AGREEMENT TO TERMS
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Services from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference.
The information provided on the Services is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Services from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
3. ORGANIZATIONS AND BUSINESSES
4. USER REPRESENTATIONS
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof).
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Services, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Services and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Services, the Content and the Marks.
6. USER REGISTRATION
You may be required to register with the Services. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
7. FEES AND PAYMENT
Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement, we accept the following forms of payment:
- American Express
You may be required to purchase or pay a fee to access some of our Services. You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made via the Services. You further agree to promptly update account and payment information, including email address, payment method, and payment card expiration date, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. We may bill you through an online billing account for purchases made via the Services. Sales tax will be added to the price of purchases as required under law. Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement, we may change prices at any time. All payments shall be in US dollars.
You agree to pay all charges or fees at the prices then in effect for your purchases, and you authorize us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such amounts upon making your purchase. If your purchase is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to our charging your payment method on a recurring basis without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge, until you notify us of your cancellation.
We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment. We also reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the Services.
You can cancel your subscription at any time before the end of the current paid term by logging into your account or contacting us using the contact information provided below. Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the current paid term.
If you are unsatisfied with our services, please email us at [email protected] .
9. USE of CTFd CONTENT
10. AUDIT RIGHTS
You understand that we may monitor your use of our hosted Services (“CTFd Cloud”) in order to verify that you have not exceeded your permitted number of Authorized Users. If we becomes aware of any excess usage of CTFd Cloud, then you will pay for the excess usage and for any ongoing excess usage at our then-current rates. Upon our written request, you shall furnish is with a signed certification certifying that CTFd Cloud is being used pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, including any access and user limitations. With prior reasonable notice, we may audit your compliance with this Agreement, your use of CTFd Cloud, and your software monitoring system and records, provided such audit is during regular business hours. If such inspections or audits disclose that you have accessed or permitted access to CTFd Cloud in a manner that is not permitted under this Agreement, then we may terminate this Agreement pursuant to Section 19 and you are liable for the reasonable costs of the audit in addition to any other fees, damages and penalties we may be entitled to under this Agreement and applicable law.
11. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
You may not access or use the Services for any purpose other than that for which we make the Services available. The Services may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a User of the Services, you agree not to:
1. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services and/or the Content contained therein.
2. Use unauthorized product keys or keycode(s) or distribute or publish keycode(s) except as may be expressly permitted by CTFd in writing
3. As applicable to User-based licenses, enable access to the Services for a greater number of Authorized Users than the sum quantity of licenses purchased on the applicable ordering document(s);
4. As applicable to User-based licenses, reassign license rights between Authorized Users so frequently as to enable a single license to be shared between multiple users;
5. Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as User passwords.
6. Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
7. Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
8. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services.
9. Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
10. Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
11. Use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
12. Use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us.
13. Modify any part of the Services, create a derivative work of any part of the Services, or incorporate the Services into or with other software, except to the extent expressly authorized in writing by CTFd or as permitted by an applicable open source software license
14. Decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the Services or attempt to reconstruct or discover any source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or programming interfaces of the Services by any means whatsoever (except and only to the extent that applicable law prohibits or restricts reverse engineering restrictions, or as permitted by an applicable open source software license);
15. Attempt to bypass any measures of the Services designed to prevent or restrict access to the Services, or any portion of the Services.
16. Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
17. Remove any product identification, proprietary, copyright trademark, service mark, or other notices contained in the Services
18. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Services.
19. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
20. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
21. Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Services.
22. Use the Services in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
23. Make any unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
12. USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Services may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, design and administer challenges and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Services, including but not limited to text, writings, software, data, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, "Contributions"). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Services and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
4. Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
13. Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
13. CONTRIBUTION LICENSE
By posting your Contributions to any part of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, modify, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing, in connection with our Services. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Services. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Services and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
From time to time, you may submit comments, information, questions, data, ideas, descriptions of processes, or other information to us (“Feedback"). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place CTFD under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that you grant to CTFD an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual and royalty-free license to use, incorporate, modify, improve upon, and create derivative works of the Feedback without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You will not give Feedback that is subject to license terms that seek to require any CTFD product, technology, service or documentation incorporating or derived from such Feedback, or any CTFD intellectual property, to be licensed or otherwise shared with any third party. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, CTFD does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to CTFD, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
15. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
16. US GOVERNMENT END USERS
17. SERVICES MANAGEMENT
19. TERM AND TERMINATION
Either party may terminate this Agreement (including all related subscription and order forms) if the other party (a) fails to cure any material breach of this Agreement within thirty (30) days after written notice of such breach including without limitation your failure to pay, provided that we may terminate this Agreement or suspend your account immediately, with or without notice, upon any breach of Section 4 (User Representations), Section 11 (Prohibited Activities), Section 12 (User Generated Contributions) or if you violate any other restrictions contained in Section 29 (Export Control); (b) ceases operation without a successor; or (c) seeks protection under any bankruptcy, receivership, trust deed, creditors arrangement, composition, or comparable proceeding, or if any such proceeding is instituted against that party (and not dismissed within sixty (60) days thereafter). Termination is not an exclusive remedy and the exercise by either party of any remedy under this Agreement will be without prejudice to any other remedies it may have under this Agreement, by law, or otherwise.
If we terminate or suspend your account due to your material breach, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
Except where an exclusive remedy is specified in this Agreement, the exercise by either party of any remedy under this Agreement, including termination, will be without prejudice to any other remedies it may have under this Agreement, by law, or otherwise.
20. MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
You acknowledge that CTFd Cloud is an on-line, subscription-based product, and that in order to provide improved customer experience we may make changes to CTFd Cloud (which may include making available different or substitute code compared to those available as of the Effective Date).
CTFd may modify this Agreement from time to time by giving notice to you through our online user interfaces. Unless a shorter period is specified by CTFd (e.g. due to changes in the law or exigent circumstances), the modifications become effective upon renewal of your current Term or entry into a new subscription form. If CTFd specifies that the modifications to this Agreement will take effect prior to your next renewal or order and you notify CTFd in writing at [email protected] of your objection to the modifications within thirty (30) days after the date of such notice, CTFd (at its option and as your exclusive remedy) will either: (a) permit you to continue under the existing version of the Agreement until expiration of the then-current Term (after which time the modified Agreement will go into effect), or (b) allow you to terminate this Agreement and receive a refund of any pre-paid online subscription fees allocable to the terminated portion of the applicable Term. You may be required to click to accept or otherwise agree to the modified Agreement in order to continue using CTFd Cloud, and, in any event, continued use of CTFd Cloud after the modified version of this Agreement becomes effective will constitute your acceptance of such modified version.
22. FORCE MAJEURE
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under this Agreement (except for a failure to pay fees) if the delay or failure is due to unforeseen events which occur after the signing of this Agreement and which are beyond the reasonable control of such party, such as a strike, blockade, war, act of terrorism, riot, natural disaster, failure or diminishment of power or telecommunications or data networks or services, or Content, or refusal of a license by the government or other governmental agencies, in so far as such an event prevents or delays the affected party from fulfilling its obligations and such party is not able to prevent or remove the force majeure at reasonable cost.
23. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
a. Informal Negotiations. Before filing a claim against CTFd, you agree to try to resolve the dispute by first emailing [email protected] with a description of your claim. We'll try to resolve the dispute informally by following up via email, phone or other methods. If we can’t resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your first email, you or CTFd may then bring a formal proceeding.
d. Arbitration Time for Filing. Any arbitration must be commenced by filing a demand for arbitration within one (1) year after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission or default giving rise to the claim. If applicable law prohibits a one (1) year limitation period for asserting claims, any claim must be asserted within the shortest time period permitted by applicable law.
f. Arbitration Fees. The JAMS Rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. We won’t seek our attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
h. Time For Filing. Any claim not subject to arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the date the party asserting the claim first knows or reasonably should know of the act, omission or default giving rise to the claim. If applicable law prohibits a one (1) year limitation period for asserting claims, any claim must be asserted within the shortest time period permitted by applicable law.
i. NO CLASS ACTIONS. You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, collective, consolidated or representative action. Class actions, class arbitrations, collective actions, private attorney general actions and consolidation with other arbitrations aren't allowed.
24. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION.
There may be information on the Services that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Services at any time, without prior notice.
26. INTERSTATE NATURE OF COMMUNICATIONS
27. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
CTFd controls and operates the Services from offices in the United States. We make no representation that CTFd Content is appropriate or authorized for use in all countries, states, provinces, counties or any other jurisdictions. Any content, offer or service on the website is void where prohibited and the user automatically indemnifies CTFd from any legal or statutory outcomes resulting from their decision or action. CTFd reserves the right to block access to the Services by certain international users. When you access the Services, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
28. SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Services are hosted in the United States. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on our Services or any other third party services to which our Services link to (such as advertising or payments) or operate a platform application or website. You will not use our Services or any other third party services to which our Services link to if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
29. EXPORT CONTROL LAWS
THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SERVICES AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED,TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES AND/OR (7) ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES.
WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSERVICES, OR ANY WEBSERVICES OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
31. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OR $500.00 USD. CERTAIN US STATE LAWS AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
33. USER DATA
34. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Services, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Services, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SERVICES. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
36. CONTACT US
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please contact us at: